|Home History Information Secretariat Contact|
How To Invest In Dirt Cheap Land Today That Will Explode In Value Tomorrow
It's a fact that land investment has returned (on average) over 900% for investors over a 20 year period and with a serious shortage of this natural commodity in several global spots such as the United Kingdom, the capital gains for shrewd investors are likely to get even bigger.
In this article we'll look at the exact factors you should consider before purchasing land as an investment.
Land shares some interesting similarities with real estate when it comes to evaluating its potential for capital growth. In this segment we'll look at how to assess land locations so that you choose the best plots of land that are likely to explode in value quickly.
Here are the two main factors that you must consider when evaluating potential land plots for investment:
1. Location, Location, Location (And Did I Mention Location?)
When you purchase a real estate investment, before taking on the property you will of course investigate its location thoroughly. Why? Because the location of real estate will have a large say in its capital appreciation as well as the rental yields it commands. It's much the same with Land investment - while there are no yield considerations, the location of a plot of land will largely determine it's appreciation in value. The location of land will determine its likelihood for planning permissions as well as the chances of it being bid on by a major developer. Location is key.
Here are some key considerations when determining the location value of a plot of land:
- Is the land close to major rail/road networks and does it connect two or more established communities? If the answer is yes then it's more likely to receive the nod for planning permission and also has a far better chance of being tagged as a potential site for developers.
- Does the land have easy access to gas, electricity, water & other utilities? A developer is far more likely to build in a plot that has ready access to these utility networks. Additional utilities may include easy access to sewers.
- Is the land in a green-belt area? This is an area that's government protected and green belt areas can have far greater problems in getting planning permission for development than non-green belt locations. Having said that, many green belt locations are increasingly being allowed to have land developed (due to the land shortage crisis) - if you're planning to purchase green belt land then you can see if other green belt land in the area has been given planning permission for development. While there is no guarantee, this can be a good indicator that your proposed land investment could also get the green light for planning permission.
- Identify Town Growth Patterns - The potential land investor must have a skill for identifying in which direction a town or city is heading. Investing in land that's not in the path of this growth could mean that the land will remain baron for a lot longer before the capital gains can be realised by way of a bid.
- Physical Characteristics Of Your Land - While this may not strictly be a location issue, there are several physical characteristics that your proposed land site will have that may affect it's potential for development - the type of soil that your proposed land investment has may affect how it may be used for example. The surrounding views and whether it is on flat land or hills is a further consideration.
- Identify Towns That Have Been Tagged For By The Government For Housing Development - We already know that the government is committed to injecting billions of pounds into affordable housing. Purchasing land plots in specific areas that have been ear-marked for house-building is a further way of ensuring that you purchase land in an area that has an excellent chance of gaining planning permission, and ultimately attracting a developer who will purchase it from you.
- Make Use Of Government Departments - Call up councils where you are planning on purchasing land and ask them what their plans are for growth. Ask about new highways and infrastructure that may be on the agenda and if any greenbelt areas are likely to be developed in the near future.
- Affluence Of The Surrounding Area - Obviously, the more wealthy the area (and surrounding areas) of the location of your land, the more valuable it will be. In real estate, one effective strategy to identify properties with fantastic potential for capital growth is by identifying "spill-over" locations - these are areas that are relatively cheap to buy into but that neighbour property hot-spots. What tends to happen is that the value of these spill over areas tend to increase as people who cannot buy into the hotspot location are forced into the spill over regions. The same tactic can be applied with land investment.
- Is Your Land Close To Existing Developments? Land that is within close proximity to existing developments are more likely to get noticed by developers (and the green light for planning permission) than land that is slap bang in the middle of undeveloped green belt areas with sensational picture perfect views.
- How Well & At What Price Do The Houses/ Accommodation Near The Land Sell? If there are houses near the site of your potential land purchase then you should make enquiries as to how well the land in that locality sells. Research the most recent sales to determine the average prices. This should give you a fair indication of how well land in this area might perform as an investment.
2. Likelihood Of The Land Achieving Planning Permission
If the land you're purchasing currently does not have planning permission, you must make an assessment of the likelihood of the chances of it receiving planning permission for development. Choosing land that is likely to receive planning permission is not an exact science (you need to have deduction skills to identify the land most likely to get permission). Here are some of the issues you must consider:
- Is The Land In A Greenbelt Area? Obviously, if the land is currently in the green-belt then there will be greater difficulty in getting planning permission. However, because of recent government intentions to develop (UK) land in the greenbelt, a lot of land categorised as green belt will still receive planning permission if certain conditions are met. A lot of these are discussed below.
A History Of Office Administration Australian Immigration Cuts Brisbanes Basic Administration For Citrix Netscaler 9 2 Basic Cadet Training United States Air Force Be A Hogwarts Student In Your Celebrity Dresses On Academy Awards Citrix Xenapp 65 Advanced Administration College Party Scene Gets College Students Need To Party Comboapp Introduces Purely Scalable Education Condos For Students Creativity Is Just Like Dissertation Writing With True Download And Share Research Easy Mathematics Enterprise Mathematics Essentials Of Vedic Mathematics Exam A24 Citrix Xenserver 56 Administration Financial Aid Options For College Five Secrets From The Experts Flying Academy India Explore The World Freshers Week A Seven Day Party Hmb Oddity Muscle Building How Plagiarism Hurts Students How To Prepare For Basic Learning Mathematics Through Memorising Live After University Mathematics And Faith Mathematics And Religion Mathematics And The Benefit Of Music Mathematics Base And Fun Game Mistakes In Conducting Online Nightclubs In Edinburgh Party Online Mathematics Tutorials Outlining An Authentic Research Paper Overview Of The Postgraduate Certificate In Business Panda Research Scam Debunked Reach Extreme Heights With Remote Database Administration Oracle Support Research Paper Topics Make Research Paper Writing Services Six Strategies To Connect With Snia Storage Networking Management Administration Student Academy Award Winners Have Big Impact Student Credit Card Debt Help Student Life After Classes Student Loan Consolidation Ц Help Students Discount And Other Students Unions Advantages And Disadvantages The Best Film Academy Oscar The Best Solutions For The Latest The Ethics Of Phase 1 Research The Importance Of Getting The Importance Of Market Research In Advertising The Importance Of Time The Mres Clinical Research Masters Course Top 12 Ways To Motivate Students Tutoring Benefits Students Outside What Can High Traffic Academy Do For You Xsan 2 Administration Exam
Accredited Stem Cell Banks Advantages Of Investing In Gold Are You Confident Are You Ready To Invest Authentic Marketing Invest In Yourself Auto Insurance Brokers And Financial Advisors Banks And Banking Conversations Banks And Short run Cost Banks Retail Banking Services Benefits Of Real Estate Business And Investment Best Mutual Funds Best Singapore Banks And Their Services Central Banks And Modern Denver Finance Jobs For Personal Effective Business Card Design Efficient Financial Advisors And Planners Fee Only Financial Advisors Finding A Financial Advisor Finding Land And Lots To Invest Five Reasons To Invest With Business Four Reasons To Invest In Apartment Hidden Dangers Of Investing High Return Investment In Pakistan Historical Mutual Fund Performance Charts Are Hard How Do I Invest How Much Gold Should We Invest How To Buy Mutual Funds How To Decide The Best How To Invest In Dirt How To Invest In Gold How To Select Top Mutual Intrust Advisors Independent Financial Invest In A Food Franchise Invest In Graphic Design And Branding Invest In Mutual Funds And Let Someone Invest In Mutual Funds Latest Trends Of Mutual Funds In India Make Profit From Land Investment Mutual Fund Pros Mutual Funds And Their Benefits Reasons To Invest In Silver Jewelleries Reasons Why Central Banks Buy Gold Role Of Gramin Banks In Indian Running A Business Without A Server The Benefits Of Acquiring An Investment The Benefits Of Banks Top 5 Reasons To Invest In Property Top 6 Land Investment Myths Debunked Tulum Real Estate Is the Time Uk Land Investment Ц Low Risk Understanding Growth Mutual Fund Investment Understanding Your Banking Options Want To Invest In Real Why Aspiring Financial Advisors Attend Cefa Why Invest In Real Estate Why People Should Invest Why Should We Invest Why To Invest In Land During Why Your Business Should
привтик©Kocaeli üniversitesi Umuttepe Yerleskesi
Phone: +90 (262) 303 10 00 / Fax: +90 (262) 303 10 33